The Summer Newsletter should have been delivered to every house in the Brook Farm Estate. The full colour version is now available here for download: http://www.neil.mancityfans.com/docs/BFRASummer10CLR.pdf
- Contact Us
- Join Us
- Meeting Minutes
- What we do..
Brook Farm Residents Association archive
Date : July 2010
The Brook Farm Residents Association 7th annual Fun Day is on Saturday 24th July at Saxmundham Primary School commencing 1pm. A true family and local event. This year we will be joined on the field by Zebedee Bouncy Castles, including the Town FM mega slide, bungee run, gladiator duel, children’s bouncy castle, coconut shy etc.[...]
Someone broke into an office at premises in Seaman Avenue between 2am and 2.15am this morning, Monday 12 July. It appears the offenders triggered an alarm and fled the building empty-handed, however damage was caused to gain entry. Police are keen to trace two males wearing hooded tops seen in the area around this time.[...]
Approximately 35 teenagers between the ages of 14 – 17 assembled at Carlton Park on the evening of 2nd July. In some cases the kids were being sick as they were so inebriated and were upsetting walkers and other legitimate users of the park. They were approached by two local residents and were given 15[...]
- Tidal surge causes Suffolk flooding December 5, 2013People whose homes have been threatened with flooding take refuge in shelters set up on the Suffolk coast.
- Two found guilty in torture trial December 5, 2013Two men are found guilty of kidnapping and torturing a man who had arranged a drug deal in Ipswich, while another is found not guilty.
- Footballer evidence drugs men guilty December 5, 2013Three men are convicted in a £750,000 cocaine trial at which a former Ipswich Town footballer gave evidence.
- Doping trainer Butler blames 'naivety' December 5, 2013Newmarket trainer Gerard Butler blames "one disastrous lapse" after being given a five-year ban for injecting racehorses with banned drugs.
- Records offices to remain open December 5, 2013Plans to replace Suffolk three record offices in Ipswich, Lowestoft and Bury St Edmunds with one new purpose-built office are dropped.
- 16356Total reads:
- 24Reads today:
- 297Reads per month:
- 9716Total visitors:
- 36Visitors per day:
- June 22, 2012Counter starts on:
- Tidal surge hits UK coastal towns December 6, 2013A tidal surge hits coastal towns on the east of Britain after thousands of people were evacuated from their homes.
- Qantas credit rating cut to 'junk' December 6, 2013Australian airline Qantas sees its credit rating downgraded to below-investment level, or junk, by the ratings agency Standard & Poor's.
- Scottish leaders praise Mandela December 6, 2013Public figures in Scotland pay tribute to Nelson Mandela, the founder of post-apartheid South Africa.
- Hain leads Wales tributes to Mandela December 6, 2013Nelson Mandela was a "bright beacon of liberty and justice shining across the world", says MP and lifelong anti-Apartheid activist Peter Hain.
- South Africa and world mourn Mandela December 6, 2013South Africans and world leaders pay tribute to ex-President Nelson Mandela, who led the transition from white minority rule and has died aged 95.
- JCB announces plans for 2,500 jobs December 6, 2013Industrial vehicle manufacturer JCB announces plans to create 2,500 new jobs as part of a £150m expansion of its business.
- Biden in Seoul amid Asia tensions December 6, 2013US Vice-President Joe Biden meets the South Korean president, with China's air zone and developments in North Korea high on the agenda.
- Fierce storms force mass evacuations December 6, 2013A man dies and thousands of homes are evacuated or left without power as fierce winds batter the east coast of England.
- Mandela tributes - the UK press December 6, 2013As people across the world digest the news of Nelson Mandela's death, the British media reflect on the life of Africa's most famous son.
- Prince William in tribute to Mandela December 6, 2013The death of Nelson Mandela is "extremely sad and tragic", Prince William said after hearing the news at a film premiere about the ex-South African president.
- 1st Sax scouts table top sale by Aspirin
1st SAXMUNDHAM SCOUTS – INDOOR TABLE TOP SALE SUNDAY DECEMBER 8th THE WARRENS SCOUT HUT, MEMORIAL FIELD, RENDHAM ROAD, SAXMUNDHAM IP17 1EA Tables £4 – 01728 602622 to book, or pay on day. Free parking on the Memorial Field. Table set up 8am – Doors open to public 9am-12.00 [...]
- The Bell to reopen as ̵… by Aspirin
Saxmundham Experienced restaurateur Jonny Nicholson and his partner Natalie Ager are delighted to announce the imminent re-opening of The Bell at Saxmundham or The Bell At Sax’ as it will be known. Moving away from its previous hotel and gastropub incarnations, Jonny and Natalie are transforming The Bell At Sax’ into a friendly neighbourhood restaurant-with-rooms[...]
- Change of Band – The … by Aspirin
- Halloween Party 2nd Novembe… by Aspirin
- Land Off Rendham Road Development by Aspirin
The BFRA have received a few complaints regarding the hedge and foliage along Rendham Road on the south side where the new development of David Wilson Homes (currently building) and Taylor Wimpey (about to start). Our committee have written to the developers expressing their annoyance at the removal of the hedging without consultation. This is[...]
- Saxmundham Family Quiz by Aspirin
BFRA Family General Knowledge Quiz at the Fromus Centre, off Seaman Avenue (opp. Fire Station) Saturday 21st September starting at 7:30pm. This follows our successful Music Quiz in July and continues the theme of a quiz with something for all the family. There will be prizes for the winners and most gallant losers. (Please bring[...]
- 10th Summer Fun Day by Aspirin
Brook Farm Residents Association 10th Summer Fun Day Saxmundham Primary School Saturday 20th July 1pm The Brook Farm Residents Association (BFRA) 10th annual Fun Day is on Saturday 20th July, 1pm at Saxmundham Primary School, a true local family and event. We have booked our entertainment which promises to be the best summer day out[...]
- Saxmundham to get better broadband by Aspirin
This is well worth reading: http://www.betterbroadbandsuffolk.com/LineCheck.aspx From the website it looks likely that we will be getting fibre to the cabinet within the next year or so. A BT fibre truck was spotted last week working on the cabinet in North Entrance.
- 10th Anniversary Newsletter by Aspirin
We feel that this is the best Newsletter we have produced. Please view or download here: BFRA Newsletter
- BFRA Spring Music Night by Aspirin
140 people had a great night at the Market hall with the band Growler. Thanks to everyone for their support!
- No comments yet.